16 January 2014
Amma says “It is said that India is growing and developing. However, in matters of environmental cleanliness and hygiene, we are lagging behind by centuries. The lack of cleanliness in our roads and public toilets is a proof of this.”
The Amala Bharatam Campaign was launched by our beloved AMMA, Sadguru Sri Mata Amritanandamayi Devi in 2010 , aiming for environment cleanliness and social hygiene, to bring about a clean and pollution free India.
In order to contribute at least a little to this great cause, the students of Amrita Vidyalayam campaigned for AMALA BHARATAM (ABC) on 30th October 2013. It was entirely a novel experience for them to distribute hand bills for a clean, pollution free world to the people around and to interact with a large number of people from all walks of life. The main motto of this campaign was to create awareness among masses for the cleanliness of this nation, which has been neglected since ages. The students realized that they are a very important section of society and only when they begin taking such steps, there could be a genuine change in the society. The entire campaign depended on its team work and spirit. It was indeed a motivating programme as it started creating waves of change within them first and advancing to others, after they had read the hand bills. The students overcame their initial inhibitions and shyness and this campaign made them undaunted to approach strangers and plead them to the cause, which is a matter of concern for everyone.
Stopping pollution is the only solution
to safeguard our health and that is the sacred duty to our motherland.
Measures to RESTORE PURITY, BEAUTY AND HEALTH of our mother land
- Go GREEN, plant more trees
- Do not litter on roads
- Sort garbage and properly dispose the waste
- Promote health through hygiene, do not urinate or spit on public roads
- Use handkerchiefs while sneezing and for spitting
- Bring carpool system – A MUST in India & use bicycles for short distances.
- Avoid using plastic bags instead use cloth or paper bags
- When not needed, please switch off the lights, fans, electronic gadgets etc.
- Save Water, Save Fuel, Save Energy
- Reduce, Reuse , Recycle and Recover the resources
- Please print only if necessary. Every 3000 A4 paper costs 1 tree. Save a Paper… Save a Tree.. Save Nature
- Use eco-friendly crackers
Amma says “ None of us are isolated islands, but links of a chain. Each and every action of ours, whether knowingly or unknowingly done, influences others”.
So Let’s Join Hands
HELP KEEP OUR COMMUNITY CLEAN